Verena Bahlsen (born in 1993) is a German Food Innovator, Founding Partner at HERMANN, Entrepreneur, and Businesswoman from Berlin. She is famous for being the 4th generation of German biscuit manufacturer company “Bahlsen“.
It is a food company founded by her great-grandfather “Hermann Bahlsen“. Furthermore, the 25-year-old founded HERMANN’S along with her partner “Laura Jaspers” in 2015. It is a restaurant, film studio, and co-working and event space.
Verena Apologized over Nazi-era Labor Controversy
Ms. Bahlsen accused of being “oblivious to history“. In fact, her company also distanced itself from her comments in a recent controversy. She told members at a marketing conference that she is an investor and own a quarter of Bahlsen.
In addition, Ms. Bahlsen also stated that she wanted to buy a sailing yacht. However, the audiences laughed and clapped for her remarks. But some social media users blamed the heiress of being insensitive to the company’s past exploitation of forced laborers.
She also accused of making light-hearted comments about her wealth. Moreover, the incident took place last week. Verena recent apologized for saying that her firm did zero mistakes in its use of forced labor during Nazi rule.
After the backlash, she also admitted that her remarks were inappropriate. During an interview with a newspaper, the heiress told that the incident was before her time. Furthermore, she also said her company paid the forced laborers exactly as much as German workers.
The Nazi Forced Labour Documentation Centre also tweeted that there was a big awareness gap for Bahlsen family members. In fact, Guy Stern (a 97-year-old scientist) also criticized Ms. Bahlsen as his family was killed in the Holocaust.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Verena Bahlsen.|
|Profession||Food Innovator, Founding Partner at HERMANN and Businesswoman.|
|Famous for||1. being the heires of Bahlsen Food Company.|
2. Recently she apologized over Nazi-era labor comments.
|Age (As of 2019)||25 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1993.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Not available.|
|Current Residence||Berlin, Germany.|
|Social Media Account Stats|| Instagram: NA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 6″. |
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 62 Kg.|
Pounds: 134 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||36-28-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.|
|Parents|| Father: Werner Michael Bahlsen.|
Mother:Name not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Alma Mater.||1. King’s College London.|
2. New York University.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Chris Hemsworth.|
Actress: Brie Larson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Australia.|
|Love to do||Reading, Listening to music and Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Sauerbraten, Spätzle, Currywurst, and Spaghettieis.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$30 million USD (As of 2018).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||—|
|Mobile or Phone Number||—|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Verena Bahlsen
- Choco Leibniz biscuit heiress’ was born in 1993 in Berlin, Germany. Therefore, Verena Bahlsen’s age is 25 years old, as of 2019.
- Her father “Werner Michael Bahlsen” currently owns the Bahlsen Food Company. He is a managing partner of the company Bahlsen, and CDU politician.
- Moreover, Werner also served as a President of the Economic Council of the CDU since June 9, 2015. But there is no information about Verena’s mother on the internet.
- Verena’s paternal uncle “Lorenz Bahlsen” is also a big businessman and owner of Lorenz Snack-World.
- She also has a paternal aunt named Andrea Bahlsen.
- Furthermore, the businesswoman’s grandfather “Werner Bahlsen” was the second son of Hermann Bahlsen.
- The 25-year-old Verena graduated from King’s College London and New York University.
- Money Factor: the estimated Net worth of Verena Bahlsen is $30 million US Dollars, as of 2019.
- She studied media, culture, and communication from the NYU from 2012 to 2013.
Explore More: The Biography of Keya Morgan, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- Later, she studied business management from London from 2013 to 2015.
- In 2015, Bahlsen returned to Germany in order to start her own venture and to honor the legacy of her grandfather.
- Her prestigious company, Bahlsen produce Choco Leibniz biscuits and employed about 200 forced laborers between 1943 and 1945.
- According to a source, most of them were women from Nazi-occupied Ukraine.
- Lars Klingbeil (Social Democratic Party’s general secretary) also bashed Verena and said that someone who inherits great wealth from the family, also inherits the responsibility.
- He also asked her not to be so arrogant.