Shannon Briggs (born December 04, 1971) is an American Former Professional Boxer, Actor, and Social Media Personality from Brooklyn, New York. He is best known for being the world’s heavyweight championship twice in 1997 and 1998.
The boxer also bagged the WBO title from 2006 to 2007. Furthermore, Briggs fought his debut boxing match against John Basil Jackson on Jul 24, 1992, Catskill, New York, the U.S.
As per Wikipedia, he possessed an 88.3% knockout-to-win ratio. He has a record of 37 knockout wins in the first round. Shannon’s notable wins are Ray Mercer, George Foreman, and Siarhei Liakhovich.
Early Life, Profile & Net worth
The 47-years-old boxer began his amateur career at the Starrett City Boxing Club and coached by James O’Farrell. During that period, Shannon became New York City Golden Gloves champion and National P.A.L. Champion.
Later, he launched his professional career in 1992 and remained undefeated in his first 25 fights. His first loss came when Briggs was knocked out by undefeated Darroll Wilson in three rounds.
The event took place in Atlantic City, New Jersey, in 1996. Moreover, he performed in various big tournaments such as George Foreman, World Boxing Association, International Boxing Federation, and much more.
As an actor, Shannon made debut with a movie titled “Bad Boys II” for a minor role of Haitian Gang Member. Later, he starred in films like Transporter 2 (as Max), Three Days to Vegas (as Security Guard), and The Wackness (as Bodyguard #1).
Some of his television appearances are New York Undercover, Naked Sport, Trina: The Making of a Diamond Princess, and Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith. As of wealth, Shannon Briggs accumulated Net worth of $10 million US Dollars, as of 2019.
|Real Full Birth Name||Shannon Briggs.|
|Nick name||The Cannon.|
|Profession||Former Professional Boxer and Actor.|
|Famous for||remained the world’s heavyweight championship twice.|
|Age (As of 2018)||47 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||December 04, 1971.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Brooklyn, New York, United States.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Sagittarius.|
|House In||Brooklyn, New York, United States.|
|Social Media Account Stats|| Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cannon_briggs/|
|Debut|| Film: Bad Boys II (2003, as Haitian Gang Member).|
TV Shows: Naked Sport (1993, as himself).
Boxing Match: against John Basil Jackson on Jul 24, 1992 Catskill, New York, U.S.
|List of Movies/TV Shows||1. Bad Boys II.|
2. Transporter 2.
3. The Wackness.
4. Three Days to Vegas.
5. Naked Sport.
6. New York Undercover.
7. Trina: The Making of a Diamond Princess.
8. Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith.
|Reach||80 in (203 cm).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6′ 3″. |
Centimeters: 193 cm.
Meters: 1.93 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 119 Kg.|
Pounds: 262 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||46-34-40.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||12.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents|| Father: Name not available.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by the boxer.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Alana Wilson.|
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduate.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Samuel L. Jackson.|
Actress: Sandra Bullock.
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Love to do||Music and Travel.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$10 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||—|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Shannon Briggs
- Shannon Briggs was born to his father and mother on the 4th of December 1971 in Brooklyn, New York, United States. Therefore, his age is 47 years old, as of 2018.
- He faced a lot of financial issues and remained homeless for a period in his childhood.
- As per the source, the boxer’s mother (name not available) passed away due to a heroin overdose on December 4, 1996.
- During his childhood, Briggs inspired by Mike Tyson (American former professional boxer). He even saw him when the boxer was just 12 years old in Bristol Park, Brooklyn, New York.
- Furthermore, the former boxer began his training at Jimmy O’Pharrow’s Starrett City Boxing Club.
- Shannon Briggs stands an impressive height of 6 ft 3 in (193 m tall) with a muscular build. He weighs around 262 lbs (119 Kg).
- He also suffered from Asthma in his young days.
- As of relationship, Briggs tied the knot with his wife “Alana Wilson”. But we have no information about where they married, their marriage date, and venue.
- On Instagram, he has decent fan-following with more than 326,000 followers. He entertains his fans by uploading his daily lifestyle, boxing video clips, behind the scenes, friends & family pictures, and much more.