Scarlett Curtis (born June 21, 1995) is a British Writer, Journalist, Blogger, Social Activist, and Instagram Personality from London. She is famous for organizing the anthology called “Feminists Don’t Wear Pink – And Other Lies“.
It is a book which is a collection of writing from extraordinary women released on October 02, 2018. These ladies are Hollywood actresses and teenage activists. The book has unique stories when it comes to feminism.
Furthermore, Curtis is also a co-founder of “The Pink Protest”. It is an organization that uses a social media platform aiming to redefine what activism means to young people. According to its official website, they have changed two UK laws with the help of the #FreePeriods movement.
The other founders of the firm are Grace Campbell (Riot Girls, Channel 4), Alice Skinner and Honey Ross (Artist & Illustrator, The Revolution Handbook).
Career, Books & Social Activities
The 24-year-old social activist started her career as a social media director at “The Global Goals” in 2014. It is a UN’s campaign and Scarlett worked there for 18 months. Later, she became a passionate activist in 2017 in the same company.
Curtis is also popular for working as a journalist for The Sunday Times Style newspaper. She served for the media outlet as a weekly column writer and used to pen at a column titled The Generation Z Hit List.
In addition, the young writer is currently working as a contributing editor at The Sunday Times Style. She also worked big media names such as Elle, RED, In Style, The Telegraph, The Guardian, The Times, Vogue, and much more.
Scarlett Curtis’ second book titled “It’s Not OK to Feel Blue (and other lies)” just came out on October 03, 2019. In this volume, 74 inspiring people open up about their mental health.
The author launched her pink protest in early 2017 after she got inspired by feminist activism in New York that took place around the time of the 2016 election. In 2017, they organized the Free Periods campaign and demolished the law.
|Real Full Birth Name||Scarlett Rachel Anne Curtis.|
|Profession||Writer, Journalist, Blogger, Social Activist, and Instagram Personality.|
|Famous for||Co-founder of Pink Protest.|
|Age (As of 2019)||24 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||June 21, 1995.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||London, England, United Kingdom.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Cancer.|
|Current Residence||New York, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats|| Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/scarcurtis/?|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 6″. |
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 47 Kg.|
Pounds: 103 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||33-23-34.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents|| Father: Richard Curtis.|
Mother: Emma Freud.
|Siblings||Brother: 1. Spike Curtis.|
2. Jake Barnard Curtis.
3. Charlie Curtis.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors’s degree.|
|School||Local High School in London.|
|Alma Mater.||New York University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Ryan Gosling.|
Actress: Lena Dunham.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Food||Pizza, Fries & Ice Cream.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$200K US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||—|
|Mobile or Phone Number||—|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Scarlett Curtis
- The writer celebrates her birthday on the 21st of June. Scarlett Curtis was born to her mom and dad in the year of 1995 in London, England, United Kingdom. Hence, the journalist is of 24 years old of age, as of 2019.
- The young activists’ mother “Emma Freud” is an English broadcaster and cultural commentator.
- In fact, Anne’s father “Richard Curtis” is a well-recognized British screenwriter, producer, and film director.
- Scarlett Rachel Anne Curtis also has three siblings i.e. three brothers named Spike Curtis, Jake Barnard, and Charlie Curtis.
- At the age of 16, Scarlett and her mom visited New York, USA and she fell in love with the city.
- Anne Curtis graduated from New York University.
- The authors’ first book is a collection of essays by 52 women which also includes celebrities like Kiernan Shipka (actress) and Helen Fielding (novelist and screenwriter).
- The book also became a Sunday Times Bestseller and bagged National Book Award.
- Scarlett Rachel even has her own podcast where she talks with uplifting women about what feminism means to them.
- As a blogger, her official website is filled with various articles such as “Has Anxiety Become Trendy”, “Crying with Cool Clothes On”, “Depression is a Full-Time Job”, etc.
- As of her measurements, Scarlett Curtis has a tall height of 168 centimeters (5 ft 6 in).
- She possesses a very petite and slim figure with an appropriate weight of 47 kgs (103 lbs).