Marshall Bruce Mathers Jr. (born in 1951 – died June 2019) was an American Former Band Member, Famous Personality, and Celebrity Parent from St. Joseph, Missouri. He is best-known as Eminem’s dad who referred to as the “King of Hip Hop“.
Furthermore, the 46-year-old star is an American rapper, record producer, and actor. He is one of the greatest and most influential rappers of all time. Moreover, Eminem initially gained success with his album “The Slim Shady LP” in 1999.
Later, he also earned his first Grammy Award for Best Rap Album. The rapper also received diamond certification with his two releases named The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show.
Some of his other popular projects are Encore, Recovery, Relapse, The Marshall Mathers LP 2, Revival, Kamikaze, etc. In June 2019, Marshall Bruce Mathers Jr. passed away at the age of 67. The main cause of his death is a heart attack. He died in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Personal Life, Spouse & Children
The father of Eminem Rapper, Marshall Bruce started dating his then-girlfriend, Deborah many years ago. Later, he tied the knot with his wife “Deborah Rae Nelson-Mathers” around the 1970s. According to a source, his spouse was just 15-year-old and he was 22-year-old at the time of their wedding.
On October 17, 1972, the couple welcomed their first son and the only child “Marshall Bruce Mathers III” aka Eminem. Later, he separated from Rae when the rapper was very young. In fact, Marshall abandoned his family and shifted to California, Los Angeles.
In addition, the rapper’s dad then dated and married another woman (name not available). They also share two children together i.e. a son Michael and a daughter Sarah. Debbie also later went in a relationship with her boyfriend and had a son Nathan “Nate” Kane Samara.
Profile, Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Marshall Bruce Mathers Jr.|
|Profession||Former Band Member.|
|Famous for||being the father of Eminem (American rapper, songwriter, record producer, record executive, film producer, and actor).|
|Age (As of 2018)||67 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1951.|
|Date of Death||June 2019.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||St. Joseph, Missouri, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|House In||Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats|| Instagram: NA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 7″. |
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.70 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.|
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||40-30-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Ex-Wife/Spouse Name||Deborah R. Nelson-Mathers.|
|Son||1. Marshall Bruce Mathers III.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors degree.|
|Alma Mater.||Not available.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Elvis Presley (American singer) and Angelina Jolie (American actress).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Listening to music.|
|Favorite Food||Pizza, Fries & Ice Cream.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Under Revision (As of 2018).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||—|
|Mobile or Phone Number||—|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Marshall Bruce Mathers Jr.
- Wikipedia: Eminem’s father, Marshall Bruce Mathers Jr. was born in 1951 (age 67 years old, as in 2018) in St. Joseph, Missouri, USA.
- There is no information about his mother, father, and siblings available on the internet.
- In the initial days of his career, he and his ex-spouse worked as a band member in “Daddy Warbucks”.
- Furthermore, they performed in Ramada Inns along the Dakotas–Montana border.
- His partner, Deborah, almost died when she gave birth to their son, Eminem. According to a source, she went in 73-hour labor with him at the age of 14 or 15.
- During childhood, the rapper used to write numerous letters to his father. However, they all came back marked return to sender.
- The superstar artist also often rapped about his estranged dad in his songs and accused him of abandoning him and his mom.
Explore More: Who is Hotep Jesus? His Biography, Lifestyle, Story & Facts to know
- Later in 2001, when Eminem achieved tremendous success, Marshall Bruce Mathers Jr. tried to contact him.
- But he blamed Deborah for not letting him meet Eminem.
- During an interview, Mathers Jr. told that he desperately wanted to meet his son as he loves him.
- The dad of Marshall Bruce Mathers also claimed that he was not interested in his money and just desired to talk to him.
- Bruce also had three granddaughters named Hailie Jade, Whitney Scott Mathers, and Alaina Marie Mathers.
- At the time of his death, Eminem had no contact with him.