Kailasavadivoo Sivan (born April 14, 1957) is an Indian Space Scientist from Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu (India). He is serving as the Chairperson of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) from January 2018.
Furthermore, he recognized his name i.e. K. Sivan. He was earlier the Director in the Vikram Sarabhai Space Center. He handled the duties of the Liquid Propulsion Systems Center. Sivan is working for the ISRO since 1982.
The ISRO launched the Chandrayaan 2 on July 24, 2019. He came in the spotlight because of the mission. Though, Sivan felt dejected when the ISRO moon mission lost the connection. On the other hand, the 95% mission carried out successfully under his leadership.
India became the first country in the world preferred for the soft landing on the moon. K Sivan shattered on the mission news. The Indian Prime Minister i.e. Narendra Modi was also present in the ISRO center in Bengaluru. Then, Modi hugged the ISRO Chief and consoled him. He also congratulated the team on their achievement.
Early Life, Parents, Education & Profile
Kailasavadivoo Sivan brought up in the Vallankumaranvilai (Mela Sarakkalvilai Village, Kanyakumari) Tamil Nadu, India. His birth date is 14th of April 1957. Sivan’s father is a farmer named Kailasavadivoonadar Sivan.
His mother is Chellamall Sivan. He studied in the Tamil Medium School located in his village. In addition to this, he enrolled for his Engineering Course at the Madras Institute of Technology. Then, he successfully joined the Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bengaluru for his Master’s Degree in Engineering.
He then obtained his Doctoral Degree in the Aerospace Engineering in the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay in 2006. Furthermore, he did his fellowship programs at Aeronautical Society of India, Indian National Academy of Engineering and System Society of India.
Marital Details, Spouse & Children
The name of his supportive better half is Malathi Sivan. Furthermore, he has two smart and talented sons Siddharth and Sushanth Kailasavadivoo Sivan. He lives along with his spouse and children in Bengaluru City.
|Real Full Birth Name||Kailasavadivoo Sivan.|
|Nick name||K. Sivan.|
|Profession||Scientist & ISRO Chairman (January 2018).|
|Famous for||The Chandrayaan 2 launched under his leadership lost its his connection on the moon surface on September 7, 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||62 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||April 14, 1857.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Vallankumaranvilai (Mela Sarakkalvilai Village, Kanyakumari) Tamil Nadu, India.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aries.|
|House In||Bengaluru, Karnataka (India).|
|Social Media Account Stats|| Instagram: NA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 9″. |
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 73 Kg.|
Pounds: 160 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents|| Father: Kailasavadivoonadar Sivan (Farmer). |
Mother: Chellamall Sivan.
|Siblings||Brother: Name not Known.|
Sister: Will update.
|Wife/Spouse Name||Malathi Sivan.|
|Son||Siddharth and Sushanth Kailasavadivoo Sivan.|
|Highest Qualification||1. Engineering Degree from the Madras Institute of Technology.|
2. Master’s Degree in Engineering from Indian Institute of Science (IISC),
3. Doctorate in Aerospace Engineering at IIT, Bombay.
|School||Tamil Medium School.|
|Alma Mater.||1. Madras Institute of Technology.|
2. Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bengaluru.
3. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Love to do||Reading Books & Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Dosa, Vada and Sambar.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Rs. 55 Lakhs Indian Rupees (As of 2018).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||Rs. 1 Lakh – Rs. 2 Lakh Indian Rupees.|
|Office Address||ISRO Center, Bengaluru.|
|Home Details||Living in Bengaluru, India.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Kailasavadivoo Sivan
- He authored a book i.e. Integrated Design for Space Transportation System.
- K. Sivan put his sincere efforts on the development of the launch vehicles in ISRO.
- He participated in the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) project.
- In addition to this, he provided his support in the planning and design of the system.
- Kailasavadivoo joined the GSLV rocket project.
- He was the former chairperson of the Space Commission.
- Sivan appointed in the Department of Space on the Secretary position.
- As per the pay band, Kailasavadivoo Sivan’s monthly salary ranges between Rs. 1 Lakh-Rs. 2 Lakh INR. His accumulated Net worth is around Rs. 55 Lakhs Indian Rupees.
- He awarded the honorary doctorate from the Satyabhama University.
- Furthermore, he earned the Shri Hari Om Ashram Prerit Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Research award (1999).
- Furthermore, the Tamil Nadu gave him the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Award (2019).
- MIT Alumina Chennai respected his contributions and honored him with the distinguished alumni award twice (2013 & 2018).