John Bercow (born January 19, 1963) is a British Politician from Edgware, Middlesex, London. He is best known for serving as the Speaker of the House of Commons since 2009. John has been also working as a Member of Parliament (MP) for Buckingham since 1997.
Furthermore, the politician earlier remained the Conservative Party before becoming the speaker. He began his career in 1986 and worked as a councilor in the London Borough of Lambeth.
Bercow even elected in the parliamentary seats in the 1987 and 1992 general elections. However, he lost from his opponents. Later, in 1997, he elected the MP for Buckingham and then promoted to the shadow cabinet in 2001.
During this period, the politician got involved in a controversy over conflicts related to his support for same-sex adoption. He won the Speakership election on June 22, 2009.
According to a source, John is the first speaker to have served alongside four prime ministers since the Second World War. Moreover, the politician is the first person who ever elected to the post four times.
Early Life, Parents & Education
Politician whose real full birth name is John Simon Bercow was born on the 19th of January 1963. John Bercow’s age is 56 years old, as of 2019. He was raised by Charles Bercow (father) and Brenda Bercow (mother).
His dad was a common man who worked as a taxi driver. In addition, John Simon’s paternal grandparents arrived in Britain from Romania a century ago. He belongs to the Jewish-British family and his mom & dad follow the Judaism religion.
Bercow completed his school education from Frith Manor Primary School and Finchley Manorhill (The Compton School). Later, in 1985, the politician graduated from The University of Essex. He received a first-class honors degree in government.
|Real Full Birth Name||John Simon Bercow.|
|Famous for||being the Speaker of the House of Commons.|
|Age (As of 2018)||56 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||January 19, 1963.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Edgware, Middlesex, London, England, United Kingdom.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Capricorn.|
|House In||Buckingham, England, UK.|
|Social Media Account Stats|| Instagram: NA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 6″. |
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 64 Kg.|
Pounds: 141 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||40-30-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents|| Father: Charles Bercow.|
Mother: Brenda Bercow.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Names not disclosed by the politician.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Sally Illman.|
|Son||1. Oliver Bercow.|
2. Freddie Bercow.
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors degree.|
|School||1. Frith Manor Primary School.|
2. Finchley Manorhill.
|Alma Mater.||The University of Essex.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Hugh Laurie (British Actor) and Angelina Jolie (American actress).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Reading, Watching Football Game and Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||French Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$2-3 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||—|
Some Lesser Known Facts about John Bercow
- As of relationship, John Simon Bercow tied the knot with his wife “Sally Illman” after dating her for a while in 2002.
- She and her spouse share two sons named Oliver & Freddie Bercow and a daughter Jemima Bercow.
- The politician is a humanist and described himself as an irreligious person. He often takes a secular interest in a significant subject.
- After settling in the UK, the family changed their surname from Berkowitz to Bercow.
- During his school, John remained a successful junior tennis player. However, he was unable to continue the sport as he was too short to go professional.
- John Bercow’s height is 1.68 meters (5 feet 6 inches tall) and weighs around 141 lbs (64 kgs) with a modest build.
- The politician also has been a fan of Arsenal F.C. and is a season ticket holder.
- Furthermore, in 2014, John released a book titled “Tennis Maestros: The Twenty Greatest Male Tennis Players of All Time” by Biteback Publishing.
- In his successful career, Simon Bercow received the honor of Member of Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council in 2009.
- On July 04, 2016, he also awarded Freedom of the City of London.