Joel Osteen (born March 5, 1963) is an American Author, Pastor, and Televangelist from Houston, Texas (United States). Seven million people saw televised sermons in 100 countries. In October 2004, his first book released, i.e., Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential.
Moreover, the book received a top place in the Best Seller List of The New York Times. Four million copies of the book sold in the market.
Joel’s other bestseller books are Hope for Today Bible, I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life, Next Level Thinking: 10 Powerful Thoughts for a Successful and Abundant Life, The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today and Your Best Life Begins Each Morning: Devotions to Start Every Day of the Year .
However, he stopped Kanye West (Rapper) in the Lakewood Church on Sunday (November 17, 2019). Mr. West talked about his spiritual journey.
Trivia, Parents, Childhood & Profile
Joel Scott Osteen was born in Houston, Texas, on the 5th of March 1963 (Age: 56 years old, 2019). On the other hand, his father named John Osteen (Founding Pastor, Lakewood Church). Though John suddenly died due to a heart attack.
The name of Joe’s mother is Dodie Osteen. His five siblings are Paul Osteen, Lia Osteen, April Osteen Simons, Tamara Osteen, and Justin Osteen. Moreover, he educated at Humble High School, Humble City (Texas).
Scott studied radio and television communications from Oral Roberts University, Tulsa. Though, he did not receive the degree from the divine school. Joel has a half-brother Justin involved in the missionary work in New York.
Wedding with Spouse Victoria Osteen & Children
Scott Olsen tied the wedding knot with Victoria Osteen (Co-Pastor, Lakewood Church) on April 4, 1987. Furthermore, the couple embraced their parenthood with Jonathan Osteen (brother) and Alexandra Osteen (sister).
Joel lives with his family members in a 17,000 square-foot mansion located in River Oaks. Additionally, the estimated value of his house is $10.5 Million US dollars.
|Real Full Birth Name||Joel Scott Osteen.|
|Profession||Author, Pastor, and Televangelist.|
|Famous for||Being the pastor of the Lakewood Church.|
|Age (As of 2019)||56 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||March 5, 1963.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Houston, Texas (United States).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Books Authored||1. Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential (2004). |
2. Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day (2007).
3. Your Best Life Begins Each Morning: Devotions to Start Every Day of the Year (2008).
4. Good, Better, Blessed: Living with Purpose, Power and Passion (2008).
5. Hope for Today Bible (2009).
6. It’s Your Time : Activate Your Faith, Achieve Your Dreams, and Increase in God’s Favor (2009).
7. Living in Favor, Abundance and Joy (2010)
8. Every Day a Friday: How to Be Happier 7 Days a Week (2011)
9. I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life (2012)
10. Break Out!: 5 Keys to Go Beyond Your Barriers and Live an Extraordinary Life (2013).
11. You Can, You Will: 8 Undeniable Qualities of a Winner (2014).
12. The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today (2015).
13. Think Better, Live Better: A Victorious Life Begins in Your Mind (2016).
14. Blessed in the Darkness: How All Things Are Working for Your Good (2017).
15. Next Level Thinking: 10 Powerful Thoughts for a Successful and Abundant Life (2018).
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Pisces.|
|House In||River Oaks, United States.|
|Social Media Account Stats|| Instagram: instagram.com/joelosteen. |
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 11″. |
Centimeters: 180 cm.
Meters: 1.8 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 80 Kg.|
Pounds: 176 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||10.5.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents|| Father: John Osteen (Founding Pastor, Lakewood Church).|
Mother: Dodie Osteen.
|Siblings||Brother: Paul & Justin Osteen. |
Sister: Lisa Osteen, Tamara Osteen & April Osteen Simons.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married Since 1987.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Victoria Osteen|
|Highest Qualification||Studied about radio and television communication.|
|School||Humble High School, Humble City (Texas).|
|Alma Mater.||Oral Roberts University, Tulsa.|
|Net Worth||$40 Million-$50 Million US Dollars.|
|Income, Earnings & Salary||$1 Million-$ 2 Million.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Love to do||Reading Books & Cooking.|
|Favorite Food||Vegetarian Dishes.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Joel Osteen
- The Lakewood Church and Joel sued by the American Dollar band in the copyright infringement case of 2011.
- In addition to this, the judgment came in favor of the church in 2012.
- Osteen founded the Lakewood Television program.
- Furthermore, Joel’s dad encouraged him for the church work.
- He began the regular preaching as the senior pastor in October 1999.
- However, he avoids discussing gay marriage, divorce, and abortion.
- Barbara Walter selected him in the 10 Most Fascinating People List (2006).
- The Osteen’s attended the Easter breakfast in the White House in 2010.
- Additionally, the Lakewood Church acquired the Compaq Centre’s former house of Houston Rockets in 2003.
- The church authorities helped the people after the hurricane disaster of 2017.
- Joel Osteen’s height stands at 5 feet 11 inches tall which is equal to 180 in cm. Furthermore, his weight is about 80 Kg (176 in Pounds).
- Sometimes, he criticized for his prosperity theology.
- He answered the critics in the 60-minutes show.
- Meanwhile, Joel invited the gay people in the Lakewood Church for prayers.
- Osteen’s net worth is around $40 Million – $50 Million US Dollars. Still, he does not draw any salary from the church. He gets some income through his books.