Amy Vilela (born in 1979) is an American Politician, Activist, and Businesswoman from North Beach, Maryland. She became famous for being the candidate for Nevada’s 4th Congressional District in the U.S. House. Furthermore, the 39-year-old Vilela lost the primary on June 12, 2018, to Steven Horsford (businessman and politician).
In 2019, Amy appeared in the hit Netflix documentary titled “Knock Down the House“. Moreover, the director of the project is Rachel Lears. She also won two Sundance Film Festival awards and Wisconsin Film Festival.
In addition, the film also featured politicians like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Cori Bush, Joe Crowley, Paula Jean Swearingen, etc. The documentary based on the people who ran in various political campaigns during the 2018 U.S. congressional election.
Her daughter’s untimely death gave her inspiration to step into the world of politics. She also blamed the profit-driven healthcare system for her child’s unfortunate demise. In fact, she started her career as a chief financial officer in Tammy Lynn Center for Developmental Disabilities in 2009.
Amy served there for almost 4 years from 2009 to 2012. Meanwhile, she also launched her own business called “Vilela Photography” in 2011. The politician also worked as a photographer there.
Vilela recent job was at Foresee Consulting as an Executive Vice President of Finance. She served in the company from 2013 to 2017.
Profile, Parents & Early Life
The politician was born in 1979 in North Beach, Maryland, USA. Therefore, Amy Vilela’s age is 39 years old, as of 2019. Her father worked as a tobacco farmer and later turned a union ironworker.
Amy’s mother was a homemaker. But her parents divorced each other when she was just 9-years-old. Moreover, the politician raised by a single parent and saw many financial struggles in her early life.
After completing high school, Vilela graduated from Park University in 2002. She received a BA Sc. degree in Accounting and Business Management.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Amy Vilela.|
|Nick name||Amy and Bowen.|
|Profession||Businesswoman, Politician, and Activist.|
|Famous for||her Netflix documentary called “Knock Down the House”.|
|Age (As of 2019)||39 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1979.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||North Beach, Maryland, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Current Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats|| Instagram: NA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5′ 7″. |
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.70 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.|
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||35-27-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents|| Father: Name not Known.|
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married since 1996.|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend David.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||David (m. 1996 – Present).|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors degree.|
|Alma Mater.||Park University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.|
Actress: Angelina Jolie.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Pizza, Fries & Ice Cream.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500K US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||—|
|Mobile or Phone Number||—|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Amy Vilela
- Wikipedia: When the politician was senior in high school, Amy Vilela tied the knot with her husband named David in 1996.
- Her spouse currently works in the United States Air Force Officer. Their wedding ceremony was a very simple and private affair.
- Only a few close friends and family members were present to give their blessings. Furthermore, the couple shares five children including their daughter Late Shalynne.
- In 2015, Amy’s 22-year-old girl died due to some health issues. Shalynne suffered from deep vein thrombosis which is a highly dangerous condition. However, this disease could be treated on time if caught early.
- According to the politician, Shalynne didn’t have the insurance and they pressured her to leave the hospital.
Read Also: The Biography of Ashley Biden, Lifestyle, Affairs, Story & Details
- Later, the family filed a lawsuit against the facility claiming that Shalynne could sign up for COBRA.
- It is a government plan that would have provided a temporary continuation of her employer-based insurance from an earlier job.
- Amy looked over the papers and it showed that her kid had still been insured at the time of her ER visit.
- However, Shalynne didn’t know about it. So, Vilela alleged that she received the treatments like an uninsured person in the hospital.
- Her family believed that her death could be avoided if the system was not corrupted.